"The Copa América will be the last time I wear the Argentine jersey" — The Argentina and former PSG and Real Madrid player, Ángel Di María announces retirement.

Ángel Di María, the Argentine winger, has made the decision to retire from international football after the upcoming Copa América tournament. Di María shared this news through a statement on his Instagram page on Thursday.

In his statement, written in Spanish, Di María expressed his gratitude for the support and love he has received from the fans and his teammates. He acknowledged the significance of their presence in shaping his career and the joy he felt in representing his country.

The forner Real Madrid player " Well, the last qualifying match has arrived for me. I cannot express in words how much the applause from the people in this recent time fills my soul.

" I enjoy every second of that affection and the love from my teammates. They, my friends, without them, this story wouldn't have the same meaning. The affection from each of them also made me who I am today.

“Unfortunately, we cannot overlook the events that occurred in the stadium. No one deserves that mistreatment, neither the blows, nor families and frightened children in the midst of a stadium where the only thing that should have happened is watching and enjoying a match within the folklore of football. 

Hopefully, these kinds of things won't "happen again. As players, we will always, always defend our people without a doubt."

“The Copa América will be the last time I wear the Argentine jersey. With a heavy heart and a lump in my throat, I bid farewell to the most beautiful thing that happened to me in my career: wearing it, sweating it, and FEELING it with all the pride.

“Thanks to the fans, thanks to my family, thanks to friends and teammates from the national team. We continue making history, and that will remain for all eternity. Vamos Argentina carajo! 🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷”


Di María's contributions to the national team include helping Argentina win the World Cup in 2022 with two goals in the final. He has been a part of the senior national team since 2008 and has represented his country in multiple FIFA World Cups and Copa América tournaments, alongside his teammate Lionel Messi.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.