Life tales

 Read this it might inspire you.

"I'm 33 Years old and I've been doing music almost all my life. I'm a Catholic and also a chorister in my church. My love for music fully developed as at when I turned 14. 


I became well known because of the spectacular manner I usually sing The Responsorial Psalm. At some point, Other Parish would even invite me to come sing The Responsorial Psalm for them too.


As a music lover, I've been going for several auditions such as MTN PROJECT FAME, THE VOICE NIGERIA, STAR THE WINNER IS, and many more. While some of my friends would be selected, I won't be selected. 


This is due to the texture of my voice and the kind of songs I'm used to singing in church. (You can imagine a Classical singer trying to sing like Chris Brown). I was always happy for my friends who were selected and celebrated there wins in hope that my time will still come.


A day came, and a friend of mine introduced me to a karaoke competition. I was very happy about it and decided to go along with him. We got there and met some of my friends who came for the karaoke too. 


We were given piece of papers to write down the songs we would like to perform and I wrote mine. We all sang and as usual, I wasn't even selected in the top 20. I went home feeling bad because I really needed that money for my school textbooks as I've been the one training myself in School. 


I work at a Bottling company and my salary at first was N30,000 before I got promoted to the position of a manager due to my hard work and consistency.


As I was introduced to the Karaoke Competitions, I also decided to invite some of my friends who I knew were bad a*s.s singers. It happened that amongst 3 or 4 of my friends I invite, one of them would definitely win.


In return, they would tip me reasonable amount which also made me happy and fulfilled to a great extent. This continued for years and I kept on going for these competitions without quitting or giving up.


At some point, I was saying to my self,"Abi Na Curse Dem Curse Me Like Dis?" I had to ask myself such because some of my friends that I motivated into music got signed by different record labels and are doing greatly well.


The one that shook me to my bones was when a distant Cousin of mine who is a rapper came back from the United States. He told me of his intentions to record an album here in Nigeria and asked me to suggest two artists whom he would feature in his album, which I did. 


They came down to Awka where he built his mansion and recorded the whole album. My cousin was mind blown by their performances and decided to sign my two friends whom I introduced to him; leaving me behind. 


I was Happy for them but as a human being that I am, I felt bad for the fact that my cousin didn't consider signing me into his new record label too. I went back to Enugu and resumed for work as usual. 


At work, I normally watch Audition videos in my free time. That day, I came across a video of an Oprah singer who marvelled the crowd ,impressed the judges and got a golden busser. 


Funny enough, that was naturally my kind of music and that performance was in AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. I was super motivated and when I went home, I started Scoring Some Classical and Oprah songs in order to use them for the next karaoke competition that would take place during the weekend.


It was on a Sunday and I went to church and sang the Responsorial Psalm as usual. I came home, prayed and also rehearsed the songs I planned to sing for the competition. 


At 6pm, I took off and arrived at the venue. My Friends and other competitors sang and got there clapping ovations. When it got to my turn to sing, I took it personal and practically ate the song.


Everyone was echoing my name, I couldn't believe my eyes. For the first time ever, people were spraying me Money! When it was time to call the results, the entire crowd were echoing and screaming my name as the winner.


Lo and Behold, I won that competition!!! It was like a dream to me. The amount I got from those was sprayed me money was even bigger than the N100,000 stake for the winner. I went home fulfilled with tears rolling down my cheeks. 


The Next Week, I went for another competition and also won. My friends couldn't believe it. I, myself couldn't believe it either. From then forward, I came out as a winner in every kareoke competition I went for and I'm now the one who tips my friends that doesn't win.


It didn't end in Winning Karaoke Competitions oh. Now, People invite me for shows and pay me a reasonable amount of money. 


All these success of mine kicked off the moment I decided to embrace and focus on my true natural Genre of music. I still work at the Bottling company till date. 


I'm most grateful to the almighty for his blessings so far and I pray for bigger contracts that will change my financial situations.


Share your thoughts....

No comments

Powered by Blogger.