Life tales: Man shares a beautiful love story between his wife and his mother.

 


"The level of gbas-gbos and conflict between Mother inlaws and their daughter inlaws that I've seen with my eyes, heard and read on the internet are so scary and disturbing to me.

As the Only child of my parents, I can't imagine getting married to a woman who wouldn't be at peace with my mom. 

My mom has been there for me all my life even when my father travelled abroad and Stayed for over 15yrs without communication.

 My mom stood in and became both a father,mother, brother and sister to I and my younger sister before she passed on. She has always Prayed and wished for me to marry a good wife who'll not only be her daughter-in-law but her own daughter. 

My mom is quite soft, emotional and above all, understanding and lovely.

The lady I was dating and wanted to marry was so lovely BUT has very high temper issue.

Whenever she gets angry, the whole building catches fire, she will rain insults and unprintable names on me, tell me ancient and modern etc. She doesn't accept correction no matter how you put it to her and never says the word SORRY.

I thought I was the only one she treats that way until I saw her do same to her own mother over the phone. Omor, that was the day I knew I was never going to marry her if I need PEACE.

Few years Later, I met another lady and she was quite Calm, Beautiful, Smart, Peaceful, Respectful and Lovely. I was deeply in love with her but I still had to put her through some tests to be sure she's the one for me.

I would intentionally get her angry, frame up annoying story situations to know her opinion and reaction etc. She passed them all in flying colors and I was satisfied.

My mom and I are very Close, she's always aware of most of my serious relationships. I told her about my new girlfriend and she was happy I was in love again because after the last one, I decided to take a break from relationship brouhaha! 

One day, my girlfriend visited me and we were about preparing jollof rice when I called my mom. We talked randomly and she asked of my girlfriend, I told her she was with me and she suggested to speak to her.

I gave my girlfriend the phone and went to the kitchen, I came in at intervals to eavesdrop into there conversation and go back to the kitchen. They were already gisting and laughing like they've known each other before or something.

They conversed so long for almost 40minutes, my airtime got exhausted and my mom returned the call. Omor, I was shocked because my mom is quite friendly but has never been this friendly with any of my ex, and it's just their first time talking!

That was how my mom began to like her, she started asking me background questions about my girlfriend and even requested for her picture. I sent her picture on Whatsapp to my mom and she kept hailing me for seeing well😂

My mom now made it a routine to always ask about my girlfriend whenever she calls until my uncle's wife gave birth and my mom was to come for Omugwo. She told me she would stop by at my place(pass a night) specifically to see me and my girlfriend before going to her brother's house.

I was a bit tensed and just hoped they would connect so well just like they do over the phone. I had to give my girlfriend some heads-up about my mom to avoid wahala even though I don't expect any.

My mum came and I was keenly observing their reactions and before I knew what was happening, they had already started gossiping about me.

My mom was gisting her of my childhood behaviours and they were using a full grown matured man like me to catch cruise. You see women? they will stain your white.

The gossiped all through the night, saw a movie together, my own mother sidelined me😭 and was just allover my girlfriend. The next morning, I had to remind my mom that she came for Omugwo and not aproko and should be on her way to her primary place of duty.

She really wanted to stay but had no choice as my uncle were expecting her. After some days, I went to see my uncle's baby officially and also have a private time to gossip about my girlfriend with my mum.

The first thing she said was, "I LIKE THAT GIRL, PLEASE DON'T HURT HER" and then went ahead with how she's so intelligent, beautiful, tall, mature, God fearing etc. I was so happy my mom loved her and has no single bad observation about her.

Few months Later, I called my mom and told her of my intentions to marry my girlfriend. Ahhh! She nearly bursted my ear drums with screams that day. It was the best news she has heard in a long while. 

She said she was even about telling me to make this move before someone else will make the move for me and take this blessing of a daughter away from her. We both discussed on how to propose to her, whom to inform and how to go about the marriage preparations.

Three days later, I proposed to my babe and she accepted and told me one shocking thing. She said "I personally love you so much, but one reason I accept to marry you is because your mom loves me as well. If your mom didn't like me, I wouldn't have accepted because our home will never be peaceful".

She said she has always prayed to have a mother-in-law who would love and accept her and not the type that will make her home uncomfortable for her to live in.

We began the marital rites and in the process, my mom met my mother in-law and they became like rice and beans. My mother inlaw is what I needed plus Jara.

My mother in-law(her husband is late)made everything in the list so easy for me and stood her grounds when her kinsmen gave me one outrageous list. She said she's more concerned about her daughter's happiness.

When we were about having our first baby, mother in-law called my mom and told her to prepare for Omugwo cos she knows how my mom badly wants a grandchild and I'm her only child.

My mother inlaw was just visiting at intervals with gifts and gists and never spent a night. She has not given me any kind of stress, very lovely and so understanding. My mom stayed for two months and travelled back to her base.

My Mom visits once in a while even when I'm not around and they stay together for months without a single fight or misunderstanding. They shamelessly discuss everything including their s.e.x life.


My mom even loves my wife more than she loves me and I feel betrayed😭. She pampers my wife whenever she's around, doesn't let her do any house chores including cooking.

We've been married five years now with kids and even till today, my mom hasn't stopped thanking me for bringing an Angel into Our Family. She calls my wife "omalicha" from the first day she met her till today.

My wife calls her "mummy, stainless woman or agadinwanyi baby(old baby) cos my mom is a drama-queen with this very ageless body and doesn't even want to agree that she's getting old.

I'm blessed to be one of those men who got the best women in their life and I pray this love, peace and unity continues till the end of time. Amen"

Credit: The Humans of Abuja

No comments

Powered by Blogger.