"Football is a results business — Wayne Rooney speaks after he was sacked by Birmingham City.

   Wayne Rooney, the former English professional football player and manager, has responded to his dismissal as the manager of Birmingham City. The club announced his sacking on Tuesday, stating that it was due to his failure to meet performance expectations. 

   In his reaction, Rooney expressed his belief that he should have been given more time to bring about the necessary changes as the manager. He said, “I would like to thank Tom Wagner, Tom Brady, and Garry Cook for the opportunity to manage Birmingham City FC and the support they all gave me during my short period with the club.

“Football is a results business and I recognise they have not been at the level I wanted them to be. However, time is the most precious commodity a manager requires and I do not believe 13 weeks was sufficient to oversee the changes that were needed.

“Personally, it will take me some time to get over this setback. I have been involved in professional football, as either a player or manager, since I was 16. Now, I plan to take some time with my family as I prepare for the next opportunity in my journey as a manager.

“Finally, I wish Birmingham City FC and its owners my best wishes in the pursuit of their ambitions.”

   Rooney was appointed as Birmingham manager on October 11 by the new owner, Tom Wagner, and his Knighthead Capital Management Group. 

  However, the team's performance under Rooney resulted in nine losses out of the 15 matches played since his appointment, leaving Birmingham City in the 20th position on the Championship table.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.